Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our House

Our house was built in 1819 and I love that about it. I love things that are old, antique and unique. When my husband and I went out on our first date, he asked me where I wanted to live someday. I answered a yellow farmhouse in the country with green shutters. He added that he would also like to live in the country and have his own barn. So here we are in the country, a gray house (it used to be yellow) and a nice red barn for him. Our house is very old and many projects lie ahead of us, but I know this is the house that God picked for us. We had a very small budget when looking for houses and our little hearts got broken on several that we were out bid on. I am a girly girl and my husband loves tractors and dirt bikes and building and fixing things. So this is our way of blending our interests together. He is very talented and is able to build and fix just about anything, and I am right here waiting to decorate it as soon as he is finished. :) I love our little old house and the life that we have here together. Its so exciting to finish projects and check things off our to do list, but that is only a small part of what God has envisioned for us. Its all about balancing God's plan for our lives, while we love this little place he gave us. This is something, I am still trying to get a grasp over.

No comments:

Post a Comment